The headline pretty much says it all. Today was formatting day. I created the Kindle version of the book and reviewed both that and the PDF I created yesterday for the print version. I noticed an error when I was reviewing the Kindle version, which is why I went back to the PDF. There's nothing more embarrassing than publishing a book with obvious errors. Okay, there probably is. In fact I can think of a couple right off the bat that happened to me, but I'm not going to share those in public.
I reworked my book description, AKA the sales copy, from what I wrote a few weeks ago to something that flowed better, then sent that off along with the cover template to my cover designer. Much to my surprise, she responded right away that she'd gotten them. Since she's in the UK and there's something like an eight hour time difference, our responses often take overnight.
I began the setup of the book on Kindle, so now there are just a few details to complete there before I push the Publish button.
Then I listed the things I want to do to "launch" this book. I'm not sure I'd call it a launch plan exactly, since I don't usually do big book launches, but I'm trying to improve on that. It's hard for people to buy a book if they don't know about it. Part of my list includes sending a short series of emails to my mailing list, since they're the most likely to want this information, so I created two of that series and scheduled them to go out over the next week.
I always feel a sense of urgency at this stage. The book is so close to being born, I find it hard to wait any longer. But, like all births, it will come in its own time.